We are a diving and underwater research company offering specialist diving services in support of a range of commercial and advanced scientific operations, specialising in photogrammetric 3D digital modelling.
In addition to HSE-compliant dive teams we also use remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), and aerial drones to undertake intertidal and supratidal surveys.
Tritonia Scientific also operates the Oban NHS-registered emergency recompression facility, responsible for the treatment of diver emergencies on the west coast of Scotland.
Tritonia Scientific is a limited company registered in Scotland (SC587673), is VAT registered (GB 291 2942 89), and is a registered HSE Diving Contractor (4549034).
Dunstaffnage Marine Laboratories
Argyll PA37 1QA
Tritonia Scientific Ltd. has evolved from the UK’s National Facility for Scientific Diving (NFSD), formerly associated with the Scottish Association for Marine Science based in Oban. We now operate independently but within the same premises, and continue to operate the hyperbaric recompression chamber.
Why "Tritonia"? Tritonia has a number of links with diving, water and marine life... read more >
Why Work With Tritonia Scientific?
Tritonia Scientific employs a Quality Management System (QMS) that gained BS EN ISO9001:2015 certification (FS 715687) from the British Standards Institution (BSI) in 2020. All our contracts and projects are managed in line with our Standard Operating Procedures outlined in the QMS. Technical, contractual and logistical risks are managed throughout all projects and continually reviewed against the agreed budget, deliverables and timescales. We work with our clients throughout the project lifecycle to deliver high-quality data and project management.
Health & Safety
We comply with all relevant HSE legislation and guidance in all our operations. There will be a project folder on site at the survey location. The folder will contain a dive project plan that will summarise a safe system of working, copies of diver qualifications, a generic risk assessment for diving, specific risk assessments for each location and underwater task, insurance details and instructions on what actions to take in a diving or boat-related medical emergency.
Tritonia Scientific Ltd. is a registered HSE Diving Contractor. All of our diving adheres to the 1997 Diving at Work Regulations and we conduct our diving in accordance with guidance provided in the Scientific and Archaeological, and the Inland/Inshore, Approved Codes of Practice. All of our diving supervisors are appointed in writing by the Diving Contractor and are certified under the SDSC diving supervisor scheme. All of our divers will have in-date HSE diving medicals and current First Aid at Work qualifications plus additional training to Intermediate Life Support level (including oxygen administration and AED application). We carry at all times emergency oxygen supplies and a full first aid kit.
All our diving boats are MCA-coded and our coxswains all have commercially-endorsed powerboat qualifications.
Tritonia Scientific Ltd. carries the following types and levels of insurance:
- • Public Liability (Axa XL @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million)
- • Employers Liability (Axa XL @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million)
- • Products Liability (Axa XL @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million)
- • Pollution Liability (Axa XL @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million)
- • Environmental Statutory Liability (Axa XL @ Lloyds/TUE., £1million)
- • Professional Indemnity (Royal & Sun Alliance, £5million)
- • Ship Hull, Collision and Protection & Indemnity Liabilities (Everard Insurance, £3million)
- • EC785/2004 compliant aerial drone insurance (Flock, £5million)
- • Excess Employers Liability (Syndicate 2525 @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million providing a total of £20million)
- • Excess Public Liability (Syndicate 2525 @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million providing a total of £20million)
- • Excess Products Liability (Syndicate 2525 @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million providing a total of £20million)
- • Excess Pollution Liability (Syndicate 2525 @ Lloyds/TUE., £10million providing a total of £20million)
Tritonia Scientific endeavours to minimise the environmental impact of all its business operations. Our activities are conducted in ways that meet or exceed all applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies and client environmental requirements.